Sophie Turner’s Night Out Sparks Speculation
Footage has surfaced of Sophie Turner enjoying a night out with friends, just four days after filming for the £100 million TV production of Lara Croft was halted due to her back injury. The incident has sparked discussions about her recovery and the impact on the project.
Filming at Shepperton Studios reportedly came to a halt for a month last week, following an aggravation of a previous injury by the Game Of Thrones star, who is 30 years old and plays the lead role in the series. A statement from the production team said: ‘Sophie Turner recently experienced a minor injury. As a precaution, production has briefly paused to allow her time to recover. We look forward to resuming production as soon as possible.’
However, a video obtained by The Sun shows the actress partying with friends at a Mexican restaurant called Trejo’s Taco in Notting Hill, West London, four days after the production was halted. A source told the publication: ‘Sophie was the life and soul of the party. She was with a group of mates and was drinking and dancing.
She didn’t seem like she had any kind of discomfort. She was up on her feet and jigging about to the live band.
She was there until the early hours of Saturday morning.’

The Daily Mail has reached out to Sophie’s representative for further comments. The £100 million production of Amazon Prime’s Lara Croft TV adaptation was reportedly thrown into chaos over Sophie’s injury last week, with some fearing it could take up to six months for the actress to recover.
Sophie follows in the footsteps of Angelina Jolie and Alicia Vikander in the iconic role and has been undergoing intense training for stunts for over a year. With much of the reboot already filmed, producers are said to feel it would be too difficult to replace Sophie with another actress.
A source told The Sun at the time: ‘It’s been chaos on set and now the whole show is in jeopardy, Sophie has been throwing herself into the role but the gruelling physicality of being Lara Croft has meant she has pushed her body too far.
Many on set fear Sophie may have to be replaced altogether now, as she may not bounce back in time. It’s been a hugely physical role and pushed her to the limit.
But so much has already been shot that it’s causing a real headache for producers.’
Sophie previously revealed she realized she had a recurring back injury during the grueling training process, which she began in February last year. Appearing on The Julia Cunningham Show, Sophie said: ‘We’ve been doing eight hours a day, five days a week since February last year, of training. Yeah, so it’s been a lot.
I’ve learned I have a perpetual back problem, but I also realized that it’s much easier to kind of build muscle if you’ve ever worked out before in your life, which I never had, so it has taken me months and months and months to get into good shape.’

Sophie is best known for starring as Sansa Stark in the HBO series Game Of Thrones, but she insisted her years on the show didn’t help prepare her for Tomb Raider because she was never involved in any action scenes. ‘No, I was the cool queen who, like, didn’t have to do that. I also just kind of was the one that got beat up, not the one doing the beating,’ she said. ‘So, it’s quite nice to learn how to throw a punch and not just take it.’
Fleabag star Phoebe Waller-Bridge is behind the new project, serving as creator, writer and executive producer. She announced the news of Sophie’s casting last September and said: ‘I’m so excited to announce the formidable Sophie Turner as our Lara alongside this phenomenal creative team.
It’s not very often you get to make a show of this scale with a character you grew up loving.
Everyone on board is wildly passionate about Lara and are all as outrageous, brave, and hilarious as she is. Get your artifacts out, Croft is coming.’
Sophie joins the likes of Sigourney Weaver and Jason Isaacs in the video game adaptation.






